Thursday 8 March 2012

Wow-Oh-Wow // Day Two, Three, Four

I'll begin to try and write about these past few days... (I'm sorry if this doesn't make any sense- I'm still trying to digest everything myself)...

WOW

I've finished my first weeks work placement with Sam Winston. If you don't know who he is, I suggest you click on his name and find out.

I had the great opportunity yesterday to have a look at Sam's original 'Orphan' story.

These are a few pictures of his piece.



beautiful


Then later on in the afternoon we went to see George, a very talented print man who has an exceptional eye for imperfections. Sam went to get some prints of his Death festival piece.
I really wanted to attend the exhibition at the South Bank Centre but I unfortunately couldn't make it down but he was kind enough to let me draw my very own circle on the birth piece.




These were all drawn by hand.

The tally's Sam created to keep track of how many circles he had drawn.

TEA!


I'm gradually making my way through Sam's extensive tea collection. Peppermint, camomile and honey, white tea, elderflower etc etc


This is the view form George's studio floor. This was just before the sun started to set. 



(A really yummy very berry smoothie I had this morning... NOM!)


Today I had the opportunity to work on another project Sam is currently doing with Oliver Jeffers.


I was cutting out the type from children's stories to scan in to create another form of artwork. (If this book gets published, I am running to the nearest book shop, buying it and I will scream in excitement that I had a very small input into a great piece of work)


All in all, an absolutely great week. It's nice to have a change from the same day-in, day-out routine I have and to travel and do something different and learn something new and to simply meet new people and enjoy it. 






No comments:

Post a Comment